Friday, October 3, 2014

Moxie Girlz™ Poopsy Pets™ Kellan Doll Review


(Disclosure: I have received this product from MGA as part of their toytester program. All opinions are my own.)

Over the past few months, my daughter has been showing more and more interest in playing with fashion dolls. They are the first thing she is drawn to at friends' and family's houses. They are the first thing she mentions when asked what she wants for Christmas. She skips right past the baby dolls and blocks at stores and heads straight for the fashion doll aisle. In fact, we've spent so much time wandering the doll aisle at our favorite store that I've become quite informed on all the different fashion dolls available these days - and I have to say that I am very fond of the Moxie Girlz brand. They are fun, affordable, and the empowering "Be true! Be you!" theme fits right in with my "Girl Power" style of parenting.

So, I was very happy to receive an email inviting me to take part in the Moxie Girlz Insiders community. Being a part of #TeamMoxie gives me the opportunity share my opinions, reviews and news for all things Moxie Girlz, which I love, and being able to test toys and win giveaways is so much fun! Soon after joining Moxie Girlz Insiders, I was sent a Poopsy Pets Kellan doll, and my daughter and I couldn't have been more thrilled.


Poopsy Pets are a line of Moxie Girlz dolls that are as hysterical to play with as they are cute and stylish. As you can see on the Moxie Girlz Website, each doll in the Poopsy Pets line comes with a pet that "poops" out their own unique kind of pellet. A while back, I bought my daughter the Lexa doll that came with a bunny who poops glitter. She absolutely loved it, so I was overjoyed to add Kellan and her pet tiger (who poops stripes!!) to her collection. I admit that my sense of humor can be childish, and my daughter totally gets a kick out of potty humor, so I'm very impressed that these pooping pets manage to be cute, funny, charming, and not at all gross.


While this Poopsy Pets Kellan doll and her tiger are tons of fun, I was a little disappointed that we were unable to get the doll to stand on her own even though it says on the box (and website) that she should be able to do so without using a doll stand. It's not a huge drawback, but it's a bit difficult for my daughter to hold the doll upright and feed a striped pellet to the tiger at the same time.

And speaking of pellets, these things are tiny. I wouldn't recommend playing with them anywhere they could easily disappear - like in couch cushions, under dressers, in the car (can you tell I'm speaking from experience here??) To ensure that my little one doesn't lose all six pellets in a single day, I just give her one pellet to play with at a time. That way, if one goes missing we can look for it first before she gets another one.

Feeding your Poopsy Pet is easy enough. You put the pellet in their mouth.



Then push down on their back.



And out comes the poop!! The pellets have a tendency to bounce and scatter on hardwood or tile floors which always sends my daughter into fits of laughter because bouncing striped poop is hysterical, of course!



The Poopsy Pets Kellan doll really is wonderful, and I have so much respect for the Moxie Girlz brand for recognizing that girls (and not just boys) can enjoy and laugh at silly things like potty humor. That fact just makes me even more proud to be on #TeamMoxie!


#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and MGAE. This could include MGAE providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.



No comments:

Post a Comment